On Tue, Jun 26, 2007 at 09:20:59PM -0400, Daniel T. Chen wrote:

> (4) Additionally, users seem split on whether a default login sound in a
> graphical environment should be muted[4] or audible.
>
> To alleviate the issues given above, I am requesting comments from
> developers and users alike regarding the following proposal that changes
> alsa-utils's initscript usage[0]:

I'm not sure this alleviates number 4 - surely it will always result in
the login sound being muted? mixer_app won't be started until some time
after the sound has started playing. It also leaves us with the issue of
what to do with the GDM sound. Muting that by default would be an
accessibility problem...

--
Matthew Garrett | [EMAIL PROTECTED]