Greg K Nicholson napisaƂ(a):
> Krzysztof Lichota:
>> Creator of One Click Installer installation file decides which
>> repository will be used. If the application is available in Ubuntu
>> repository I do not see the point why he would prefer to point to some
>> other repository.
>
> Maybe the OCI file's creator uses a different distro. This is supposed
> to be distro-neutral, right?

Right. But if the application is in an official, supported repository
for given distro, it is better for the author to point to such
repository as its quality should be higher than some other, third party.
Unless the third party provides some feature which is not available in
official version, but well, it is a tradeoff here. It is up to
installation file author to balance what he thinks is better.

        Krzysztof Lichota