(``-_-´´) -- Fernando napisał(a):
> Isnt this the same as puting "profile" on the grub when you get a new kernel?!

No, because with readahead you have to remember to do it upon each
change (not only new kernel, but also installing libraries, enabling
services, adding autostart apps, etc.).

With prefetch it is done completely transparently for user, it just
adapts to new environment.

Also, as I mentioned in announcement, with prefetch it is possible to do
tracing and prefetching at the same time.

Prefetch tracing facility also makes possible adding more sophisticated
optimizations: prefetching during application start and reordering files
on disk. Both are in the works and I will announce them when they are ready.

        Krzysztof Lichota