On 8/12/07, Bruno Clermont <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm building debian packages that run on Ubuntu and I need to test them. One
> great thing for that is debootstrap and then I install my packages into the
> freshly created virgin Ubuntu system.
<...>
>  Is there a way to prevent a service to start (or restart) when a package is
> installed (or upgraded). Like debootstrap is doing.
>
>  The main goal is to be able to debootstrap Ubuntu, then chroot into it and
> install package and be sure it won't mess the host.

    I'd recommend the use of schroot on LVM snapshots for this.  The
Documentation available (1) is targeted for users of sbuild, but the
basic process is not so different when preparing disposable chroots
for use with schroot -c <dist>.

1: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/SbuildLVMHowto

--
Emmet HIKORY