Scott Ritchie wrote:
> In this case it didn't - I didn't even come across a warning.

In http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/daily-live/20070914/ I can clearly see that
there are two files that end with .OVERSIZED; I guess the capitalization
is to draw attention to the fact. You could also check for the presence
of the file with a script to determine whether a particular day's image
is oversized or not.

You may want to file a bug in the ubuntu-cdimage product at Launchpad if
you feel the warning should be in some other form and/or made more explicit.

> Honestly it would be best if no image was made, rather than an unburnable one.
> Nothing wrong with skipping a few days when the nightly isn't buildable.

Even though a VM isn't the ideal way to test, it's usable for many
testing cases, and the fact that oversized images are still usable in a
VM should be enough of a reason to keep building them.

m.