On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 19:13:44 +0200, "Markus Hitter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
said:

> Am 17.09.2007 um 17:44 schrieb Sarah Hobbs:
>
> > There is simply no way to deal with the current lot of open bugs,
> > to get
> > an overview of them all, let alone having the invalid ones in there -
> > the problem gets too great, and you can't solve any of it (and become
> > very demotivated in the process).
>
> You pretty much ask users to stop filing bugs. If a user can provide
> all information needed, he can track down the problem him self, so a
> bug database would melt down to a helpdesk for willing and
> experienced developers.
>
> Each bug filed contains a snippet of information, at least "something
> doesn't work here". Each bug closed because of incompleteness says "I
> ignore your work" to the filing person. Unless you redefine "closed"
> from "problem solved" to "no interest in working on the problem", of
> course.

I don't completely agree. As an occasional bug-reporter, I would say the
following:

If the bug state is changed to incomplete, but instructions are provided
for the reporter on how to proceed to make the bug complete/useful, then
I'm all good.

(If the triager cannot provide such instructions for some reason though,
say lack of time, then I'm not sure what would be the best course of
action.)

Best regards

Hugo Heden