> My point was that if you give people lots of choice they don't know what
> to choose.

I know. :) But currently you have no choice at all with Ubuntu
installation (concerning software installation). Or am I wrong?

 > This proposed question about activating Compiz or not makes sense in a
> testing environment, but after that phase of development the code should
> be robust enough to figure out the correct answer, and if it's not
> robust enough, that means it wasn't tested widely enough.

Ok, so I will trust you with this. :)

To be honest: I don't care if Compiz is activated as default because I
don't install it. ;) But I want to mention to the develeopers that there
are some users that are not very lucky with the decision and just want
to be asked.

Let's hope, that you are right. :)

Greetings, Dominik