Gutsy shipped with a *non-final* release of The GIMP (2.4 RC3, to be
specific).

In situations of this type (my) logic would dictate that Gutsy would be
updated (gutsy-updates?) with the Final version soon after it's release
(rather than leave users with an unfinished product in main).

As this has not been the case, I requested a sync from Debian Sid (sid
currently has GIMP 2.4.1).  My request was marked as a duplicate of the
following:

        https://bugs.launchpad.net/baltix/+source/gimp/+bug/157642.

The initial response to that bug was "THank you for your bug report. I'm
marking this as triaged."

The bug was then quietly changed from "Triaged" to "Wishlist"(!).

In my worst case scenario GIMP 2.4.x would eventually land in Gutsy
backports.  In my best case scenario it would (more logically) land in
main and in the next week.

It seems this has become a "back burner bug".

How might I get it back to the "front burner" and how might I get GIMP
2.4.x to land in a Gutsy updates or backports place within,  say the
next week?

Please note:

I'm not a developer.
I'm not package maintainer.