On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 23:52:29 +1100
Christopher James Halse Rogers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> But you don't need to be a MOTU to do the work, and since gimp is in
> main, it doesn't much help being a MOTU either.  The uploading to the
> archives part is by far the quickest and simplest part of the whole
> process.  Once you've updated the packaging, and tested it thouroughly
> yourself it will be much less work (read: much more likely to happen)
> for the core-dev to pick it up, check it for sanity, and (hopefully)
> upload to gutsy-proposed.  Where you now get to thoroughly test it
> before it gets into -updates.
It's not as simple is that, you need a sponsor for your patches to be
approved. And currently there are 45 "bugs" in the sponsorship queue,
5 are committed, 4 in progress, 3 triaged, 16 confirmed (one as late as
2006-03-03) and 17 new the oldest dating back to 2006-12-14.

So it comes down to workload at the MOTU side. I won't discuss this
here anymore, like I mentioned we have had this thread before on two
mail listings.

--
Peter van der Does

GPG key: E77E8E98