Just a thought, but maybe just categorize them on the wine tracker (those
from the wine tracker obviously) with something such as 'Outside Bug'
generically, or more specifically, if you can determine it 'Video Driver
bug', 'X bug' and so on. On Launchpad anything like that should presumably
be passed on where applicable to some driver tracker, or some-such, or
marked as invalid if it's beyond your reach to triage it. I mean you
shouldn't go out of your way to do research to triage and forward a
misplaced bug report. by the same token, it shouldn't just be written off
instantly either. I guess that's a long way to say that you should use your
own judgment. This isn't an official statement by any means, like I would
have the authority for that, heh, just some advice and thoughts from my past
triaging.

On Nov 14, 2007 5:55 PM, Scott Ritchie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Fairly often, I'll get a bug report filed against Wine about something
> that Wine shouldn't be able to cause - total keyboard deadlocks, frozen
> screen, being unable to even ctrl-alt-backspace or ctrl-alt-f1, etc.
>
> These are clearly not Wine bugs, but it's unclear to me where I should
> refile them.  Wine's exposing a bug somewhere else (probably the driver
> or X), but what should I do?
>
> Thanks,
> Scott Ritchie
>
> --