Le jeudi 13 décembre 2007 à 15:05 -0500, Mackenzie Morgan a écrit :
> On Dec 13, 2007 2:20 PM, Aurélien Naldi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>         This problem is indeed well known and a solution is in the
>         work: the X
>         server included in the latest version of ubuntu included a new
>         version
>         of the xrandr extension allowing to add and remove screens on
>         the fly.
>         Graphical tools to take advantage of it are still lacking but
>         good
>         progress hapened since, and I hope [hint] to see something
>         like urandr
>         included in the next version.
>         The "problem" now is mostly a driver one: intel graphic cards
>         are well
>         supported, AFAIK, the opensource radeon drivers has support
>         too but the
>         ATI and nvidia binary drivers don't yet (I may be misinformed
>         about the
>         fglrx one and a solution is rumored to be coming for the
>         nvidia one,
>         maybe before 2009...)
>
> Has the change with Intel cards occurred with using
> xserver-xorg-video-intel instead of -i810?  With -i810 on Feisty and
> Gutsy, plugging in a projector did not work.

Yes, as far as I know, this works only with the "intel" driver in gutsy,
not with i810 and not in feisty. I hope that someone will correct me if
I recall badly...

anyway, just plugging the projector may not be enough, with plain gutsy
typing some commands to make it work may be necessary. GUI to make it
easier are not yet included in ubuntu.

Regards
--
Aurélien Naldi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>