Scott James Remnant schrieb:
> I'd like to make a strawman proposal to be torn apart and burnt as
> necessary: merge main and universe.  I will try and explain my
> rationale, and my alternate proposal.

+1

We apparently have difficulties to communicate that this separation was done
only for the support case mentioned. two examples for "universe not being
ubuntu":

 - distrowatch.com treats universe as non-existant (I contacted them, but
   they didn't want to change their mind).

 - Fedora did get good feedback by integrating "extras" into "core"; while
   not directly comparable you can see the some impact on integrating the
   community.

Matthias