I have been following this and I thought I would add my 2 cents worth

(1)     At shutdown is good

(2)     Timeout/interuptable – is good

(3)     BUT.  The default action should be “No Action”

At shutdown the user is prompted that a file system check is required

When the timeout occurs (it should be short – say 30 seconds) the default
should be to skip it until the next shutdown

IE the user has to explicitly select that now is a good time to do the fsck.

One the fsck is complete the machine turns off as usual

Chris Martin

m: 0419 812 371

e: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

  _____