On Feb 8, 2008 1:30 PM, Lars Wirzenius <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On pe, 2008-02-08 at 12:53 -0500, A. Walton wrote:
> > I could see a use, as this is Ubuntu Studio and not Ubuntu; music
> > producers often need to check CPU usage of their software, and avoid
> > pegging the CPU to avoid nasty pops, cracks and hisses caused by
> > hardware hiccups. While some utilities have this built in, some don't,
> > so it's good to keep an eye on CPU usage (and arguably, memory usage
> > as well).
>
> I have in my top panel a system monitor that continuously reports CPU,
> network, and disk activity (these being the three metrics I'm primarily
> interested in). Unobtrusive, and does not require bringing it up
> separately.

Not everyone running a DAW or NLE application runs a panel. If I had
the choice in OS X, I never would have while running FCP, but it's
pretty hard to kill the panel without gimping applications in that OS.

Both situations sound sensible to me. But at the end of the day it's
just a keybinding, and if you can't find one that makes sense, it's
not a huge loss. (my 2c anyway).

-A. Walton