Zsyncing ubuntu-7.10-desktop-i386.iso to xubuntu saves ~63% of
 bandwidth over downloading the xubuntu.iso directly. Zsyncing 7.10 to
 Hardy alpha-4 saves ~14% of bandwidth; presumably zsyncing between
different alphas saves more than this.
 However Zsync requires .zsync files to be available some where on the net.

 Perhaps we should add .zsync files to the cdimages directories?

A zsync for an iso is 1.2-1.4MB in size.

 (I am testing ubiquity, so I'd like to keep my Hardy iso up-to-date
without blowing my quota.
Also, I notice that manifest and list files are available. Is there
a way to actually use these to build the livecd?)

 --
 John C. McCabe-Dansted
 PhD Student