On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 09:14:00AM +0000, (``-_-´´) -- Fernando wrote:
> /etc/hostname in daily hardy has "terranova" as hostname. why is that?
> What does it mean?

I assume you're using a live CD. This is just the hostname of the build
daemon machine that built the live filesystem; it's left there because
it's as good as any other. If you install the live CD, then you'll find
that /etc/hostname has been populated with the hostname you supply
during the installer.

> by the way, why do I get this error:
> "id: cannot find name for group ID 128"

What are you doing when you encounter this error?

--
Colin Watson                                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]