I've tried most every other unpaid path, with no luck, so maybe the
developers forum will yield some insights...

I've just installed 7.10 64-bit on a workstation and want to produce a
multi-line X Windows text banner with an acknowledgement button
(OK/Yes/whatever) on the console before the username/password prompt
appears.

Under CentOS or Fedora, I would place /usr/bin/gdialog --yesno "This is my long
intro banner..." in /etc/X11/Xsession just after the first batch of comment
lines.

What would be the equivalent way for Ubuntu Gutsy?

Will it be easier under Hardy?

Thanks.

Scott