(sorry; it e-mailed only the first time)

On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 6:13 PM, Christopher Halse Rogers
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  You manually installed the 2.6.24-13 kernel, right?

All I did was press the "Reload", "Mark all upgrades" and "Apply"
buttons in Synaptic.

[...]

AH!!!  I see what happened:

I have virtualbox-ose-modules-generic installed, which just upgraded
its latest version depends on virtualbox-ose-modules-2.6.24-13-generic
which in turn depends on linux-image-2.6.24-13-generic

>  I haven't seen any problems with GNOME theme settings.  This may be
>  related, or may be a real bug - it's difficult to tell.

I will attempt to revert some of the recent changes to see what might
have caused the problem.

CK