On Sat, 2008-05-10 at 17:34 +0200, Markus Hitter wrote:
> Am 10.05.2008 um 11:58 schrieb Sitsofe Wheeler:
> > I've noticed that Ubuntu's boot speed seems to have taken a fall in
> > Hardy.
>
> How would one notice? Is Hardys hibernating/standby still so flaky
> one is forced to shut down the computer more than once a month?

Some people simply don't bother hibernate/suspend.  I didn't know my
computer suspended properly until someone asked a few weeks ago and I
tested it out.  I've had this laptop for nearly two years.  Just because
you use hibernate all the time doesn't mean everyone else does.  I like
properly shutting down so anything with memory leaks is sure to be
cleared out.

Plus, didn't you hear about one of the new exploits where they can run
strings on your memory and pull out your passwords from it?  If the
memory's been powerless for a few minutes, it'll likely be all clear,
but if you suspend and don't keep a sharp eye on your laptop (making
sure no one tampers), stealing your passwords becomes very easy.

--
Mackenzie Morgan
apt-get moo