Olá Sebastian e a todos.

On Friday 16 May 2008 12:54:42 Sebastian Breier wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, den 15.05.2008, 21:14 +0100 schrieb (``-_-´´) --
> Fernando:
> > I'm sorry to bring "noise" about Hardy, on a list now meant to Intrepid,
> > but unable to find how to fix this in any other way, so if any dev could
> > lend me an hand it would be great. I know this is not Ubuntu fault, but
> > manufactors, but still, I know we can fix this.
> >
> > I've bough a new laptop (an ASmobile S37S, asus barebone) that has an Intel
> > 4965 ABGN.
> > I've search ubuntu foruns, lp, and googled all I could, but am unable to
> > make the kill switch off, in order to turn the wifi on.
> > The card is well identified by the kernel, but there is no way to make it
> > seen to NetworkManager, or even turning on the led.
>
> Have you tried installing linux-backports-modules-hardy-generic? This
> fixes some issues with wireless LAN, laptop LEDs for example.

$ dpkg --get-selections linux-*
linux-backports-modules-2.6.24-17-generic       install
linux-backports-modules-hardy                   install
linux-backports-modules-hardy-generic           install
linux-generic                                   install
linux-headers-2.6.24-16                         install
linux-headers-2.6.24-16-generic                 install
linux-headers-2.6.24-17                         install
linux-headers-2.6.24-17-generic                 install
linux-headers-generic                           install
linux-headers-lum-2.6.24-16-generic             install
linux-headers-lum-2.6.24-17-generic             install
linux-image                                     install
linux-image-2.6.24-16-generic                   install
linux-image-2.6.24-17-generic                   install
linux-image-generic                             install
linux-libc-dev                                  install
linux-restricted-modules                        install
linux-restricted-modules-2.6.24-16-generic      install
linux-restricted-modules-2.6.24-17-generic      install
linux-restricted-modules-common                 install
linux-restricted-modules-generic                install
linux-sound-base                                install
linux-ubuntu-modules-2.6.24-16-generic          install
linux-ubuntu-modules-2.6.24-17-generic          install
linux-wlan-ng                                   install
linux-wlan-ng-firmware                          install
linux-wlan-ng-source                            install

It seems I have them all.

--
BUGabundo  :o)
(``-_-´´)       http://Ubuntu.BUGabundo.net