If someone is installing mplayer-plugin (s)he knows what (s)he is doing
and will have no problems with it, IMHO, so i think we can not depend on
any browser and not crash anything, so i'm ok to moving the browser
thing to "Recomend:". BUT i have talked to ari (the Debian Maintainer)
before and i'm not sure he will be ok with this change, since he has his
own opinions, but if we want to have a bigger diff between debian and
ubuntu package, i'm ok with it.

On Fri, 2008-05-16 at 17:11 +0100, Fergal Daly wrote:
> Saying that I must install a browser to install mplayer-plugin is like
> saying you I must install an MP3 player to install an mp3 library.
>
> I spotted an argument that it won't be uninstalled when the last
> browser is uninstalled. How is that handled for libraries?

> 2008/5/16 Forest Bond <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Please review the ticket:
> >
> > https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mplayerplug-in/+bug/137993
> >
> > The question is whether or not the mplayerplug-in package should Depend on
> > each
> > and every browser package that supports it.  The problem with this
> > approach, of
> > course, is that if one such browser is missed (and new browsers *do* get
> > introduced in releases), then the user has to install a browser he doesn't
> > intend to use.
> >
> > In my opinion, the ideal situation is for all Gecko-based browsers to
> > Provide
> > gecko-browser so that plugin packages can depend on that.  However, this is
> > not
> > currently in place.  Given that, I'd prefer it if plugin packages downgrade
> > this
> > dependency to Recommends.
> >
> > Opinions?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Forest
> > --
> > Forest Bond
> > http://www.alittletooquiet.net
> > http://www.pytagsfs.org

> > --

aka nxvl
Peruvian LoCo Team
key fingerprint = 8104 21CE A580 7EB7 5184  8DFF 6A3A D5DA 24DC 6AF5
gpg --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 24DC6AF5