Am 02.06.2008 um 18:09 schrieb Thomas Novin:

> I bought a new motherboard a couple of weeks ago and ever since I have
> +3 mins of bootup time and also my DVD reader/writer isn't
> available at
> all.

This is a brand new mobo model? I'd say you're in luck it works at
all. Myself, I didn't always have this luck.

> Anyone with a suggestion for a fix / workaround?

Does suspend and/or hibernate work better? Shutting down a computer
completely is so last century ;-)

As for the fix - well, you're invited to narrow down the source of
the problem yourself. Try with different options of the Install-CD's
F6 menu, locate the point of trouble, recompile the corresponding
piece of software, debug it ...

Markus

Dipl. Ing. Markus Hitter
http://www.jump-ing.de/