2008/6/9 Mackenzie Morgan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> I was a Banshee user for about 9 months or so.  That ended a year ago.
> Unless it's changed,  Banshee only recognizes songs you have imported.  It
> does not monitor directories for new songs, and especially not recursively.

Yep, and for this very reason (and other similar big problems) I
cannot understand the choice of F-Spot either, except that there is
less competition for it (no Rhytmbox-like "equal or better, and
stable" choice). F-Spot and Banshee are both "would be nice", but
basically quite far from being really usable unless the user starts to
use them from scratch and/or never uses any other programs to handle
photos or music. Which is kind of what free software should not be
about.

Additionally, just for it to be noted even though Banshee is not going
to be default anytime soon anyway, please do not even think of
replacing Rhythmbox with a player that does not have the Jamendo and
Magnatune integration it it. And same goes for the DAAP/DLAN/UPnP
features.

-Timo