On Mon, 2008-08-04 at 03:16 -0400, Nagin Chand wrote:
> Sir,
>
> I have obtained the DVD of the Ubuntu 8.04 LTS as distributed by the Linux
> For You magazine published from India. I was just trying to install it on an
> AMD 64-bit 3200+ machine with 512 Mb ram and Gigabyte sis based motherboard.
> My experience is as follows:

That's not the official DVD, I don't think.

> 3. Even in one of the most ommon software, openoffice, it installs only a
> subset of that is available on the DVD. For example it does not install the
> base (database part) and the math part among others. Also, some of the
> languages are simply not installed and later on the user has to intervene.

All of OpenOffice is installed by default from the official Ubuntu CD
and DVD.  If something was missing, I'd blame the remix that magazine
made.  The official disks allow you to choose your language at install
time.  If you want to have your system be multi-lingual, System ->
Administration -> Language Support.

> How to do the above mentioned tasks in a more interactive and easy manner,
> would someone will elaborate?
> I shall be thankful for the same.

By the way, this isn't a support list.  This is for developers to
discuss the next version.  Next time, please ask on
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

--
Mackenzie Morgan
apt-get moo