On 08/08/08 03:43, Conrad Knauer wrote:
> I think I've found a solution to the Tahoma Bold font not being
> generally redistributable for the msttcorefonts package.
>
> As I wrote on
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/msttcorefonts/+bug/50529
>
> ---
> I discovered something interesting that I thought I should contact
> you about:

> "Microsoft Office 97 Developer Edition includes a Setup Wizard that
> you can use to create a Setup program that users can run to install
> files for a custom application. [...] The files available for
> distribution allow you to distribute an application developed using
> Microsoft Access to users who do not have Microsoft Access."

> "a list of the files that you can redistribute with a run-time
> application which you create using the Microsoft Office 97 Developer
> Edition Tools [...] TAHOMA.TTF TAHOMABD.TTF"
>
> Does that mean what I think it does? :-)
> ---
>
> Does anyone on this list happen to have a copy of "Microsoft Office 97
> Developer Edition" to test that out with? :)
>
> CK

IANAL, but as I read that: *If* you create a run-time with the Microsoft
Office 97 Developer Edition Tools, *then* you can redistribute
TAHOMA.TTF TAHOMABD.TTF with said run-time.

I suppose you could create a run-time that said "Hello World", and
distribute that with the two files, but I'm pretty sure that's not what
you meant :)

--
Onno Benschop

Connected via Optus B3 at S31°54'06" - E115°50'39" (Yokine, WA)
--
()/)/)()        ..ASCII for Onno..
|>>?            ..EBCDIC for Onno..
--- -. -. ---   ..Morse for Onno..

ITmaze   -   ABN: 56 178 057 063   -  ph: 04 1219 8888   -   [EMAIL PROTECTED]