I liked the interface slightly more than pidgin's (the away icons rock).
But agree, that it might be to quick, Pidgin has a lot of functionality.
One that I use (and currently is shipping by default) is off the record
messaging.

It appears to me that Empathy could eventually replace both Pidgin and
Ekiga.  I don't currently use Ekiga, but can anyone tell me how close
Empathy is to being comparable?  If it can replace Ekiga, perhaps it could
do that for Intrepid and leave Pidgin alone for now?
-Bryan Quigley