Hi all,

First of all, im not on the mailing list, so please post replies to my
address.

I have been tracking down a problem on my (K)Ubuntu installs for a few days,
and found out what the issue is..

Basically, on my HP DV2839TX laptop, if i press the button to disable/enable
the touchpad, the event XF86Launch0 is triggered, and this causes KMilo (in
kubuntu) and something else (cant remember the name) in Ubuntu to crash. This
then stops all my other "extra" keys on my laptop from working. I believe the
problem lies in hotkey-setup, and my laptop seems to use 'hp.hk' file.

Also, of all the buttons on this laptop, 2 have never worked (in Ubuntu or
Kubuntu) and they are the 'Quickplay' and 'DVD' buttons.

So i guess, my question is, how can I a) aid in getting this issue resolved
for this model laptop, and change the event trigged on pressing certain
buttons b) do it myself.

Thanks in advance,
Travis Place (wishie)