Am 06.09.2008 um 00:00 schrieb Mackenzie Morgan:

> On Fri, 2008-09-05 at 14:31 -0700, Jordan Mantha wrote:
>> This is a very nice theme and looks more professional and usable to
>> me. My only complaint is that it's rather narrow on all my computers
>> (widescreen laptop and LCD displays). It looks like we're losing an
>> awful lot of screen real estate. Is it possible to make it a fluid
>> rather than fixed width theme? http://www.ubuntu.com has the same
>> issue. It ends up looking rather cramped on all my computers and more
>> like a blog site (perhaps because of the ubiquity of some of
>> Wordpresses past default themes :-) ).
>
> There is one usability issue with letting the content get too wide,
> however.

For me, the content is too wide already. With the new theme I have to
scroll sideways. The old theme works better in this regard.

> The reason is that as the lines get longer, it becomes more
> difficult to track which line one is reading.

Correct. I'll never understand why people find it convenient to have
fullscreen (text) windows on a device like 1920 pixels wide.

Nevertheless, many people use fullscreen windows, screen sizes vary
widely, and the most democratic solution is to avoid the insistence
and use variable width rendering for web pages. Helps PDA users a lot
as well.

my o.o2

MarKus

Dipl. Ing. Markus Hitter