On Fri, 2008-09-12 at 08:05 +1000, Chris Jones wrote:
> takes to boot. From GRUB boot to login screen, it was 36.72 secs. And
> that is on a Celeron D with 512MB DDR RAM and booting from an old IDE
> hard drive. I'd imagine that a more recent dual core setup with more ram
> and a more recent sata hard drive would have better results. But my mere

In my case, no. My boot time is 38 seconds (Intrepid) and then another 26
seconds after logging in from GDM.

My system is a LOT faster than yours, P4 Core 2 Duo 2,2GHz, 2GB RAM and
a 3 month old 750GB harddrive.

In sessions I have disabled bluetooth, check for new hardware, evo alarm
notifier, tracker but added parcellite.

That's something to rant about IMO..

Rgds

--