Am 14.09.2008 um 03:32 schrieb Null Ack:

> Action Item 1: I'm not a developer, but I can help any developers with
> testing and feedback for enhancements to Apport.

Null,

your investments in enhancing Apport ist great. Now, a few weeks
later, I've learned Apport can map coredumps to readable text
already. One of the bugs I've filed shows how things can go wrong:

<https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/evince/+bug/260715>

Another one went a lot better:

<https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-control-center/+bug/
269595>

Minutes after I've Apport-reported the later bug, stack traces came
out of (apparently) nowhere and within a day, a fix was posted. Short
of self-healing applications, this is about as good as one can imagine.

MarKus

Dipl. Ing. Markus Hitter
http://www.jump-ing.de/