Am 17.09.2008 um 19:21 schrieb Kevin Fries:

> Next we create a special package we can call ubuntu-desktop-
> licensed that will automatically include all of the licensed and
> commercial software [...]

IMHO, forget it. Neither Microsoft nor Apple nor one of the smaller
vendors will ever allow to upload their commercial-only binaries to a
public place. Even less if it helps users getting away from their
products.

> to provide a Windows-esk experience

The only way I can see an advantage is to look into well known places
the user owns already, like a Windows installation on a different
partition or the rescue disks most computers ship with. It's not so
much wether other OSs have better fonts, it's more because you want
to look at your older documents with the fonts they were made with.

MarKus

Dipl. Ing. Markus Hitter
http://www.jump-ing.de/