Hi all,

I'm new to the list and checked the archives but could not find this
problem:
I recently bought a Sony VAIO VGNFW140EH with a 1600x900 resolution.
The display adapter is a Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family.
Live CD and Alternate CD result in the same problem - after the orange
boot splash bar starts the monitor soon goes blank, then displays
several short multi-colored lines followed by a gray mottled pattern
over the whole screen.
Does Ununtu plan to get drivers (restricted or otherwise) to remedy
these new screen types?  Anyone else run into this problem?

Ron