On Mon, 2008-10-27 at 14:25 +0000, (``-_-´´) -- Fernando wrote:
> Olá Martin e a todos.
>
> On Thursday 23 October 2008 13:00:52 Martin Soto wrote:
> > The problem is that gnome-session 2.24 fails to notify applications upon
> > log out or shut down, even if code for this purpose seems to be there.
> > The X server is terminated while applications are still running, and
> > applications get killed due to a broken X connection, without having a
> > chance of saving any data.
>
> I see this with FF, but with kmail, its quite usual to see a popup asking me
> if I want to wait or kill the app.

I have the completely opposite problem to this. I just got in from work
and found that my desktop, which I thought I had powered down last night
before I went to bed, was waiting for me to close some application down
before closing my session and powering down.

So, it's been running all night waiting for me to respond to a dialog!