Am 02.11.2008 um 23:00 schrieb (``-_-´´) -- Fernando:

> The reason I'm emailing you guys and galls, is to ask if someone
> recommends any other Version Control System, that can suit my needs
> of safe guarding my confs as versioning, plus binary files.
> AFAIK git aint that good, because each commit will store ALL files,
> and not just the updates.

Git will, like any other version control system, store changes only.
If you see complete files for each version in git, that's because git
is lazy in tidying up it's repository and creates complete files on
the fly, as needed.

A significant advantage over some of it's competitors is in your
case, it works with a single private (.git) directory. Git works here
for controlling binary files just fine. Binaries disallow merging, of
course.

MarKus

Dipl. Ing. Markus Hitter
http://www.jump-ing.de/