2008/11/4 Matt Price <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> On Mon, 2008-11-03 at 13:00 -0500, Mackenzie Morgan wrote:
> > On Mon, 2008-11-03 at 07:13 -0500, Matt Price wrote:
> > > hi,
> > >
> > > i just reported a bug on evolution
> > > (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/evolution/+bug/293046)
> that,
> > > on  reflection, i think might actually be a network-manager bug.  The
> > > symptom in evolution is a hang while pinging imap server, which occurs
> > > on laptop wakeup.  thinking about it, probably the problem isthat
> > > network-manager isn't reporting the online status accurately, or
> there's
> > > a reace condition between evolution's pinging and network-manager's
> > > reporting.  (though even so it seems to me that the ping process
> > > shouldn't cause evolution to hang the way it does!).  Anyway, i'm
> > > wondering if i can somehow monitor network-manager to see if it's
> > > reporting its offline status in the way that evolutin expects it to.
> > > Thanks for the help!
> >
> > I think this would be a duplicate of bug 271894, a bug I filed regarding
> > Evolution being unable to filter messages and hanging after suspend.
> > Strace makes it look like it's some sort of socket error, but I can't
> > quite figure out how to give the requested backtrace when it doesn't
> > crash and doesn't spit out *any* output at all after I type "continue".
> >

> i'm having the same backtrace problem...
>
> matt
>
> --
> Matt Price
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> --

I might be wrong, but I think you can interrupt the hanging application in
GDB by pressing CTRL+C, and then obtain the backtrace in the usual fashion
after you have interrupted the application. The subsequent backtrace might
then give an idea about what the application was doing at the moment you
interrupted it.

Regards
Chris