pe, 2008-11-14 kello 12:36 +0100, Martin Pitt kirjoitti:
> Problem is that in order to do that, we need to catch the initial
> crash first and write it to disk, i. e. we would get the CPU/IO
> overhead again by default. That alone doesn't worry me too much, but
> it might be an issue in certain environments.

It's because of the CPU and I/O overhead that I find myself disabling
apport: when I develop software on my laptop, and am debugging a
segfault, it is highly frustrating to have apport take control of the
machine every couple of minutes.

Then I sometimes remember to put it back on. Perhaps it would be helpful
for idiots like me if apport could offer to disable itself for the rest
of the day, or until the next boot?