On Fri, Dec 26, 2008 at 9:52 AM, Dotan Cohen <dotanco...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Agreed. Our only difference of opinion is whether or not a concerned
> user should take a bit of responsibility himself.

Yes, but saying "We could offer you the option, but simply won't, so instead
you have to pull the cable" is not
the nicest thing to say. I think what you are trying to say is that the user
should have a heightened awareness
regarding what the installer might do above the "just letting the installer
do whatever it does". Requiring
physical action from the user when it can be solved with a (sensible at
that) option in the installer definitely
is not good.

I'm sure though that you are not trying to imply "After all the installer
could be doing something to the network
which isn't even part of the updates, so the user better plug the cable",
because I really wouldn't want to
debate such a stance.

--
Please note that according to the German law on data retention,
information on every electronic information exchange with me is