On Sun, 2008-12-28 at 10:04 +0000, Tim Hawkins wrote:
> while there are tools like unetbootin that can create an image from an
> iso, they are a pain to use.

And in my experience, they don't work.  I've tried UNetBootin, the thing
in the System -> Administration menu, and USB Image Writer (the way
recommended for getting the netbook remix image onto a flash drive), and
all of them claimed to complete successfully.  None booted.  The thing
in the menu results in "Missing Operating System" being printed twice,
UNetbootin prints it once, and the netbook remix w/ USB Image Writer
just results in a blank screen.

--
Mackenzie Morgan
apt-get moo