Reply in-line :-

On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 12:54, Tony Yarusso <tonyyaru...@gmail.com> wrote:
> After the experience of trying to get PA to output to a bluetooth
> speaker I'd also say it would be nice to have a dedicated are for this
> sort of thing, especially as PA matures and becomes more prominent.

Hi Tony,
       While PA has its fair share of grief, its also alsa and other things.
For e.g. look at this thread.

and one of the solutions which is proposed by one of the users.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=6569156&postcount=12

Logically, it seems this should have been the way it should, but

 a. perhaps there are issues with the approach (perhaps some race
condition or something else due to which ubuntu doesn't have
initscripts for alsa, I don't know ) .

b. The post might be an incorrect solution to the given problem.

c. Perhaps, its a workaround but what the real issue is we don't know.

Furthermore, if there is a mailing list there is also possibility of
having some script or small utility/tool something which could be
used to give useful info. (for the developer) and see how it can be
a better experience to users (i.e. we)

A centralized place for knowing and sharing solutions is much better
as well as knowing <emphasis> who the people are who are maintaining
audio stuff in ubuntu </emphasis>

--
          Regards,
          Shirish Agarwal