On Sat, Jan 17, 2009 at 10:19:27PM -0500, Evan wrote:
> I'm just curious why this is still included in Ubuntu? It can be a useful
> diagnostic tool, but as has been pointed out on this list before, the Ubuntu
> CD is not meant to be a diagnostic/repair CD.

The Ubuntu CD may not be meant to be the world's best all-singing
all-dancing diagnostic/repair CD, but it *is* meant to have some basic
functions along those lines. Including memtest on the CD is very useful
since it means we can easily ask people to run it when they run into
strange bugs, without the concern that it would be difficult for them to
get their hands on it.

Cheers,

--
Colin Watson                                       [cjwat...@ubuntu.com]