Am Mittwoch, den 21.01.2009, 22:54 +0100 schrieb Siegfried Gevatter
(RainCT):
> > It's not common to place buttons such as in this dialogs, it's only a
> > single place with such layout I know in Gnome... I think it's a a hard
> > break of the usability.
>
> I don't want to offend you, but personally I find that the dialogue in
> the System menu is much more usable than your proposal.Yours offers
> quite some additional features, but IMHO it is not something which
> should be on my grandma's desktop
I think is just matter of taste, everything has its advantages and
disadvantages. We (people) are different and have different needs, and I
think this is so well :)

>  (despite this, I'm happy to see the
> initiative that you've put into this, and and if it's not used by
> default I think it may still be provided as an optional package for
> those users who like it).
It's only a prototype (mock-up), so it would be make no sense to provide
a package for common users. There is this applet prototype _only_ for
one reason - to present this ideas to the Ubuntu (desktop) developers.
Then this ideas may be used or not... It depends only on you...

> By the way, there's a specification about this topic on
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam/Specs/ExitStrategy. The intention
> there is to remove options, not to add more.
It's very interesting ideas, I knew about this specification, you can even find
my comment on this site ;)
It was also the initial point for me to analyze this subject and to work
on an alternative approach. (nearly one year ago)

Thank you for your comment!

Roman