We use package changelogs to describe some changes; you can find them in
/usr/share/doc/$package/changelog.*

As for volunteering, I was referring specifically to making the wiki document.
I already expend countless non-job hours working on the packages, so any
additional effort by other community members is what's being discussed.

I don't make decisions regarding what's placed in release notes. Again, perhaps
you and others could raise this priority in the future.

As always, the "old" tools are and will be installable, so there's no reason
one should have to cease using them.