2009/2/9 Martin Pitt <martin.p...@ubuntu.com>:

> Due to the reasons Colin pointed out, I think that installing them all
> by default is still a good choice. It comes on the CD, so you don't
> need to download them during installation, and after installation you
> can always remove them completely with System -> Administration ->
> Languages.

I think that those things doesn't need to be changed until debian
implemented TDeb (http://people.debian.org/~codehelp/tdeb/) which will
happen for Squeeze considering apt & dpkg and all others tools, and
so, squeeze +1 for DD to use them.
I followed the talk on it at FOSDEM and it seems a very interested way
to handle languages and can fixed some of those relevant issue.

Maybe we can put some work once squeeze is released (in 18 monthes,
hopefully ? ;)) to give an hand to Debian for this hard packaging
work.

Didier