On Wed, 2009-02-11 at 18:45 +0000, Andy Rogers wrote:

> I have been using the 2.6.29-RC3 Kernel with Januty and found my bootup
> time was approx 5 seconds quicker then 2.6.28 Kernel at the time, and
> found no issues at the moment.

This is most likely simply a difference between *your* 2.6.29 config and
the Ubuntu 2.6.28 one - I expect you compiled in many of the drivers
your computer needed, and omitted those you didn't

If you used our config, and just tweaked where necessary, I'd be very
interested to see comparative bootcharts of your machine with 2.6.28 and
2.6.29

Scott
--
Scott James Remnant