On Sun, 2009-03-15 at 15:21 -0700, Dylan McCall wrote:
> Sorry, this sort of question gets asked all the time but at least it's a
> change from the "will you package Firefox 4 Alpha?" type :P
>
> So, GTK+ 2.16 was just released and there's already an app I can't
> compile: Epiphany 2.27!
> Bit of a shame when I'm running Jaunty.
>
> The release adds some new features, including a warning on the password
> field when the user presses caps lock, an improved file chooser and the
> ability to add icons to text entries. (Other really good things, too,
> but I shouldn't restate the release notes). Polish, basically, and lots
> of it.
>
> With those features, I get the strong suspicion that lots of apps will
> quickly come to depend on 2.16.
>
> Is it possible this will hit Jaunty by any means, or should I start
> installing from source?
>

> Thanks,
> Dylan McCall
Hi Dylan,

Yes, I believe Jaunty will ship with 2.16. Jaunty is currently using
2.15.5 which is a development release leading up to 2.16, so it is
reasonable to assume that Jaunty will have 2.16.

2.16 was only released on Friday and it is still the weekend at the
moment, so it's probably a little unreasonable to expect it to have been
packaged already. I'm sure that this is something that someone will work
on early this week.

Regards
Chris