Yes, I had run into similar bug when new style gnome volume control
was available in Ubuntu Jaunty betas (for USB headset). After that
they reverted to old style mixer.

It is clearly Pulse Audio bug of course. If need you need help with
reporting it, ping me at GT or write mail.

Cheers,
Peteris.

2009/4/25 Nicolò Chieffo <nicolo.chie...@gmail.com>:
> I've found a really strange problem in alsa and pulseaudio with my
> intel H.D.A. chip (on a clean Jaunty install)
> I opened alsamixer in a terminal, and gnome-volume-control (set the
> view to playback: HDA intel STAC92xx).
>
> now, watching both at the same time, I tried to change the alsa
> volume, and I found this really strange thing:
> there is no 1:1 proportion in the 2 volumes.
> In fact, alsa 36% is pulseaudio 0%
>
> This is quite bad! since the volume is mute at 36%!!!
>
> does this happen to you?
> do I need to file a bug to alsa or pulseaudio?
>
> --

mortigi tempo
Pēteris Krišjānis