Il giorno sab, 25/04/2009 alle 18.29 +0200, Vincenzo Ciancia ha scritto:
> Il giorno ven, 24/04/2009 alle 20.14 -0400, Scott Kitterman ha scritto:
> >
> > Precisely. I packaged kdvi  from KDE 3 kdegrapics as a stopgap to
> > provide
> > this capability in Intrepid since no KDE4 package provided it in KDE
> > 4.1.
> > It's time has now passed.
> >

> Indeed, okular is doing reverse searches. Thank you for the effort in
> intrepid. To the benefit of other users stepping by here, to have
> reverse searches in okular one must configure an editor in okular
> settings (e.g. kile) and then shift+doubleclick will trigger reverse
> search.
>
> Vincenzo

I spoke too early: okular does reverse search but not forward searches:
it only supports a "-p" switch. When working with multi-file latex
documents it is very comfortable to have the viewer switch to the edit
point.

Please do not get me wrong: I like okular and hope it will be able to
replace kdvi. I understand the desire to get rid of kde3 applications in
a kde4 installation; probably patching okular to accept forward searches
(and kile to use the same syntax) is very simple and will come soon, but
in the meantime could kdvi be re-uploaded?

I think it was in jaunty at least until the beta am I wrong?

Vincenzo