On Fri, 2009-07-24 at 04:00 +0200, Jan Claeys wrote:
> Op donderdag 23-07-2009 om 09:52 uur [tijdzone +0200], schreef Siggy
> Brentrup:
> > Hint: select the receive digest as MIME attachment option on
> >       your MM options page, makes live much easier :).
>
> Last time I checked, Thunderbird didn't support that very well--while
> that bloody incomplete non-working one that comes with Ubuntu by default
> does.   ;-)

What, Evolution?  Would you mind filing some bugs when you run into
problems (if you haven't stopped using it)?

http://projects.gnome.org/evolution/bugs.shtml

Sorry for the difficulty.  We'd love to help you fix your user
experience problems.  Perhaps you could meet us on IRC and discuss in
real-time?  I think the primary devs are in and around India these days,
so adjust your phase accordingly.

> > If you are tired of RTFM keep in mind that in my
> > knowledge (from '04) not a single person involved in Debian gets paid
> > for his work on the distro,

Well, some folks use Debian in their work, and would not have a job
unless Debian worked smoothly... so, although they're not being paid
*directly*, one could argue that they are in fact Debian shills.

> That's not true: some of them can work on Debian during their working
> hours, so they get paid to work on Debian.

I don't think they are being pad to *work on Debian* so much as being
paid while they work on Debian ;)

> But that's not the same as a
> contract between a supplier & a client of course; they have no
> obligation to work on $SOMEBODY's problem (unless $SOMEBODY is their
> employer).

Yeah, what you said.

> --
> Jan Claeys