Sorry if this is the wrong list to ask this question. If so, can
someone please point me to the appropriate list? My question:

Can anyone here please advise if karmic Beta is simply a fully updated
Alpa 6?

Answering yes will avoid added server/mirror downloads from
users/testers that already have Alpa 6 (fully updated) & I can post that
information on the Ubuntu users list accordingly.

Answering no  & I'll ask someone to explain why and/or provide links to
information that advises the differences. So please asssist with details
if you can.

Thanks,

NoOp (wandering off course from the Ubuntu users list)