> I agree that all networks should be managed by an experienced administrator,
> but unfortunately a lot of them aren't. We can't change that. Many
> businesses just want something that works and is easy to manage, even if
> there are "issues" such as no backups. The target audience is the general
> public, and the general public isn't going to know how to configure servers
> using a CLI. They want something simple that gets the job done, and they're
> who we need to cater for.

Then when these inexperienced "admins" screw up, who will be to blame?
Ubuntu, naturally, fo not making ABC or XYZ intuitive, obvious, or
easy.

Why not have a GUI program that performs brain surgery? That rebuilds
Ford smallblocks? That gives legal advice? Some jobs require a
professional, and making them "accessible" does nobody any good.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il